MAC Youth Football Protocols/Guidelines for 2020 Season
All guidelines are safety measures that are recommended for us to return to play and limit the spread of Covid-19. It is our goal to have a season for our Players, Cheerleaders, Coaches, Officials and Fans, but doing so in the safest way possible. All practice and Games are voluntary, and it’s the parents responsibly to do what they believe is best for their child.
August 19th MAC Football approved 2020 Protocols/Guidelines. Will Start Season with Jamboree @ Chestatee Sept 5th. Opening Day September 12th
Temperature Check, Sanitization and Fan Guidelines
- Temperature checks for each Player, Coach, Official, Chain Crew and all other sideline personnel will be managed before each game by the Host Site. Each Site will have a designated area for temperature check. Each team will have a designated time slot for Temp Check in but will be approximately 1 hour before game time. Each Fan that enters the stadium will be required to have their Temperature Checked. All Players, Coaches, Officials, Chain Crew Members, Sideline Personnel and Fans that have a Temperature over 100.4 will be required to leave the stadium. (Considering the potential for environmental factors causing an elevated temperature, should the temperature be elevated, it is appropriate to isolate the individual and recheck the temperature after 5-to- 10 minutes of sitting in a cool environment.) Any individual who fails a Temp Check, either based on symptoms or temp level, should leave the field immediately. If Positive Test Occurs, Rec Departments and Sports Agency will notify MAC Commissioner of Postive Test on Team (Just a Postive Test Not Player Name) and Rec Departments will manage the case following Local, State and CDC Guidelines
NO ONE IS ALLOWED ON FIELD WITHOUT A MAC BADGE.
Temp Checks will continue to be recorded at Practice. Anyone with symptoms including cough or fever should not attend practices or games.
- A Coach from each team will be present at Temperature Check In. Parents need to sanitize equipment after the game (helmets, pads, uniform, etc.).
- Teams must clean their bench area after every game. Host Sites will sanitize benches and other game day equipment in between games. Host Sites will be able to provide Water for a team cooler. Each team will need to provide their own cooler and ice and fill the players individual water bottles.
- Social distancing 6 feet apart and wearing a mask is strongly recommended for fans at the game. Family’s may sit with each other and not social distance. (Any parent or player that leaves and re-enters the stadium will be required to have their temperature checked again.)
- Gate- It’s highly encouraged that Fans bring the exact change to the game. Our admission is $3 Adults $2 Kids. This will help avoid long lines at the gate where it will be hard to Social Distance.
All Guidelines Remain in place for practice. Rec Departments may allow Inter Department Scrimmages only starting August 24th.
Pre-Game Preliminaries, Game Guidelines and Post Game Instructions
- There will be no Captain meetings for the 2020 Season. However, Captains will still be introduced before the game. Each team will select 4 players to step out on the field and be introduced as Team Captain before every game.
Each Team’s Head Coach will meet at Midfield with the Game Officials prior to each game. Face Coverings will be fully worn at this time. A normal coin toss will occur at this meeting without players. Head Coaches and Head Referee Only at this meeting.
- All Head Coaches for ages 6u-11U should have a visible face covering either around their neck or strapped to ears during games. For Head Coaches, Face Coverings must be pulled up when speaking with Officials and Chain Crew members. Head Coaches only are allowed speak to officials. When a Head Coach speaks to an official or a chain crew member, they should fully wear face covering. It is recommended that Assistant Coaches have a visible face covering around their neck or strapped to ears. In Ages 6U-8U, if a Coach is on the field that Coach must have a visible face covering.
It is up to each agency if Face Coverings are required at practice.
- At the end of the game Teams will step out onto the field and wave at the other team demonstrating good sportsmanship. No Post Game handshakes and No Post Game pictures with the other team are allowed.
- There will be a mandated hydration timeout after the 1st play inside the 4-minute mark of every quarter. Coaches at this time will assist with water on the field.
Covid-19 Postive Test
- If a Coach/Cheerleader/Player test positive they will notify Park and Rec Staff immediately. They will be required to quarantine per CDC Guidelines or until they have a negative test. Park and Rec Staff will notify the MAC Commissioner of Postive Test.
- Parents/Guardians who receive a positive test will be required to quarantine per CDC Guidelines or until they have a negative test. The player of that Parent or Guardian will also be required to quarantine or have a negative test. Park and Rec Staff will notify the MAC Commissioner of Postive Test.
These guidelines are subject to change. All previous Practice Guidelines remain in place.
Please note that seating restrictions for games might depend on School districts in regard to the number of fans they allow in the stadium. Also, if a county mandates an executive order the league will follow that order.